#181: Baked & Wired
Here is what I love most about Baked & Wired: it’s not Georgetown Cupcake.
I’m not a cupcake fan. They’re cute and all (I mean, they’re a mini-cake and all mini things are cute. Well, almost all mini things…) but they’re just cake and I’m medium* on cake.
Brownies, I love. Cake, I feel medium about.
Georgetown Cupcakes sells cupcakes, so strike one.
And there are lines. There are always lines.
Now, as a person raised in Venezuela I appreciate a good line more than your average person, but I want the lines that I stand in to be one of three kinds:
- A line for something GOOD (like a free jar of Nutella)
- A line for something NECESSARY (like shampoo)
- A line of COOL PEOPLE that you can talk to
Lines at Georgetown Cupcakes are:
- Lines for somethings that’s NOT COOL (or at least not cool any more, very 2010)
- NOT NECESSARY (except maybe for your Instagram collection of basic things)
- Largely populated by young PEOPLE and their moms and the occasional boyfriend on a trip to atone for his sins.Not super interested in talking to any of them.
Now for the good news about Baked & Wired:
- It’s not Georgetown Cupcake
- They have brownies and everyone knows brownies>cupcakes
- They have quiche which, incidentally, also >cupcakes
- They have decent coffee
- NO LINES OF GIRLS, MOMS AND BOYFRIENDS
*Medium is obviously the halfway point between love and hate.