#192: It’s so cool, the Pope visited
That’s pretty much all I have to say about that. I didn’t get to see the Pope today and probably won’t get a chance to see him tomorrow because grad school owns my life, but I am still happy that he visited because I love this city and I love the Pope. I give him extra love for being super anti-DC in every way:
- He’s ditching lunch with Congresspeople to have lunch with the homeless. Nobody does that. In DC people have entire careers based solely on having lunch with Congresspeople.
- He’s being driven around in a white see-through car in a town of all-black, dark-window cars. And a Fiat. A Fiat!
- He’s not wearing a dark suit because, well, because he’s the Pope.
- He’s speaking to everyone in Spanish because he’s the Pope and he speaks with god in Spanish. If it’s good enough for god, it’s good enough for you.
- He’s staying in Cathedral Heights instead of super cool H Street or, I don’t know, the entire Four Seasons.
- He’s flying to New York. Nobody in DC would ever, ever do that.
Welcome to DC, Pope Francis!