#210: : There’s always some new fitness class to try out
The cover story on Washingtonian this month is about cool classes you can take in DC. I went to Kramerbooks yesterday to buy the magazine and see what they recommended. (I ended up not loving the story because it did not list The Global Language Network under language classes). Still, Washingtonian lists not withstanding, there are a gazillion amazing fitness classes you can take in DC. And that’s just fun.
Here’s a few of the classes I have tried out in alphabetical order:
- Aerial Yoga (Anthony Bowen YMCA): amazing class, super fun, plus you feel like you could join the circus
- Belly dancing (Jordin’s Paradise): really fun, but you don’t advance much
- Body pump (National Capital YMCA): I don’t get why people like this
- EPIClates (Epic Yoga): yoga in a beautiful place
- Funkified (Jordin’s Paradise): fun class, makes you look like you’re in a music video
- Group Strength Training (Stroga): it’s like a high school gym class
- Introduction to Pole (Pole Pressure): free class, fun
- Level 1 Pole (Jordin’s Paradise): fun but dangerous
- Rhythm Ride (Ride DC): super competitive spin class
- Vida Xtreme (Vida Fitness): cross-training type class
- Video Ride (Off Road Cycle): spin class with music videos
- Zumba (a million different places): my favorite class
They have all been amazing and some of them I’ve committed to for a while, but my favorite thing is that you can always try something new.