#249: The zoo
I don’t really like zoos. I think it’s silly when people decide to visit other zoos when they are traveling. I figure animals and cages are pretty much the same everywhere, so there’s no point visiting the zoo.
Even though I am not a fan of zoo’s generally. I like our zoo because:
– It’s in DC and I love pretty much everything that’s in DC.
-It’s called National Zoo, which is a pretty excellent name.
– They have pandas, which are the unofficial mascot of DC.
– It’s free and well, free is nice.
– They do “Boo at the Zoo”
– My friend Vero is a volunteer there
– It’s open super early so you can run through it in the morning if you want
– It’s a nice play to walk around
– It is one of very few places in DC that are really kid-friendly