#301: There are tons of places to buy umbrellas. You can get cheap one-time use umbrellas by the metro, expensive ugly umbrellas at CVS, or cute make-you-feel-better-about-the-rain umbrellas at the museum stores and at Gap and Filene’s.
This reason is from the original list. I have since purchased three umbrellas and keep one in the office, one at home and one lost at all times.
These are some places where you can buy umbrellas:
- The street. You can get disposable umbrellas (they break after one use) for $5
- CVS. Umbrellas are $10 and are only slightly better than street umbrellas
- The Gap. But not Banana Republic. They also sell umbrellas at Old Navy, but that’s not metro accessible.
- Museums. My favorite umbrella is from the National Gallery of Art.
- Universities. They mostly sell giant golf umbrellas, judging from the ones I have seen people carry
Places that surprisingly don’t sell umbrellas:
- Gift stores around Dupont circle
- Metro stations
- Whole Foods
- Hair salons (they are missing out on BIG business).